- The world market for embedded software will grow from about $1.6 Billion in 2004 to $3.5 Billion by 2009, at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 16%.
- Embedded hardware growth will be at the aggregate rate of 14.2% to reach $78.7 Billion in 2009, while embedded board revenues will increase by an aggregate rate of 10%.
- Embedded components, are being propelled by 3 factors (1) ASPs are higher than stand-alone chips, (2) Their unit sales are cannivalizing the consumption volume of stand-alone MPUs, ASIC, FPGA and DSP; (3) and, the growth of system-on-a-chip components.
- According to report in economic times "The global embedded and Telecome market is worth one Trillion Dollars and will conditinue to grow at an exponential pace"
- Industry analysts estimates that over 54% of future software development will be in the embedded technology space.